Terms & Conditions
CARPOOL VOTE ORGANIZATION
Carpool Vote is a volunteer-run open-source project that connects volunteer drivers with anybody who needs a ride in order to vote.
Volunteer drivers have no employment relationship with Carpool Vote LLC.
Carpool Vote provides technology services supporting one way for drivers and riders to find each other and arrange a ride during the election.
Carpool Vote is a volunteer-run open-source project providing digital matching services.
Statements made by Carpool Vote do not represent predictions, expectations or warranties of any agreements or future performance value, unless, within the publication carrying the statements, Carpool Vote explicitly identifies the statements as being for that purpose.
Forward-looking statements made by any third parties about Carpool Vote are speculative, unless explicitly acknowledged to the contrary by Carpool Vote or by representative authorized by Carpool Vote.
CarpoolVote.com and Souls2ThePolls.org are publications of Carpool Vote.
TERMS OF SERVICE
October 23, 2016
THIS FOLLOWING USER AGREEMENT DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH CARPOOL VOTE OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO THE CARPOOL VOTE AND SOULS 2 THE POLLS PLATFORMS.
These terms of service constitute a legally binding agreement (the "Agreement") between you ("you" or "your") and Carpool Vote ("we," "us" or "our"), an international open-source project, governing your use of the Carpool Vote website and technology platform and services (collectively, the "Carpool Vote Platform").
The Carpool Vote Platform provides a digital conduit where persons who seek transportation to certain destinations ("Riders") can be matched with persons driving to or through those destinations ("Drivers"). Drivers and Riders are collectively referred to herein as "Users" and each User shall complete a signup form that enables such User to access the Carpool Vote Platform. For purposes of this Agreement, the driving services provided by Drivers to Riders that are matched through the Platform shall be referred to collectively as the "Services".
Carpool Vote DOES NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES, AND Carpool Vote IS NOT A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER. IT IS UP TO THE DRIVER TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO OFFER A RIDE TO A RIDER CONTACTED THROUGH THE CARPOOL VOTE PLATFORM, AND IT IS UP TO THE RIDER TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO ACCEPT A RIDE FROM ANY DRIVER CONTACTED THROUGH THE CARPOOL VOTE PLATFORM. ANY DECISION BY A USER TO OFFER OR ACCEPT SERVICES ONCE SUCH USER IS MATCHED THROUGH THE CARPOOL VOTE PLATFORM IS A DECISION MADE IN SUCH USER'S SOLE DISCRETION. EACH TRANSPORTATION SERVICE PROVIDED BY A DRIVER TO A RIDER SHALL CONSTITUTE A SEPARATE AGREEMENT BETWEEN SUCH PERSONS.
By creating your User account and using the Carpool Vote Platform, you expressly acknowledge that you understand this Agreement and accept all of its terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE CARPOOL VOTE PLATFORM OR THE SERVICES.
Modification to the Agreement
We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, effective upon posting the amended terms on this site. If we make changes, we will notify you by, at a minimum, revising the "Last Updated" date at the top of this Agreement. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement. Continued use of the Carpool Vote Platform or Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. If you do not agree to any such changes you may not use or access the Carpool Vote Platform or the Services.
The Carpool Vote Platform is available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Carpool Vote Platform is not available to children (persons under the age of 18). By becoming a User, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Carpool Vote Communications
By becoming a User, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provided to us. By consenting to being contacted by Carpool Vote, you understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing or SMS systems and/or which will deliver prerecorded messages sent by or on behalf of Carpool Vote, its affiliated organizations and/or Drivers, including but not limited to: operational communications concerning your User account or use of the Carpool Vote Platform or Services, updates concerning new and existing features on the Carpool Vote Platform, communications concerning campaigns run by us or our third party partners, and news concerning Carpool Vote and industry developments. IF YOU WISH TO OPT-OUT OF EMAILS, TEXT MESSAGES, OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, YOU MAY OPT-OUT BY FOLLOWING THE UNSUBSCRIBE OPTIONS PROVIDED TO YOU. You may inform us via email.
Your Information is any information you provide, publish or post to or through the Carpool Vote Platform or send to other Users (including via feedback, any email feature, or through any Carpool Vote-related Facebook, Twitter or other social media posting) (your "Information"). You consent to us storing your Information that will allow you to use the Carpool Vote Platform and participate in the Services. You are solely responsible for your Information and your interactions with other members of the public, and we act only as a passive conduit for your online posting of your Information. You agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information and that we and other members of the public may rely on your Information as accurate, current and complete.
You warrant and represent to us that you are the sole author of your Information. To enable the Carpool Vote Platform to use your Information, you grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in your Information, and to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such Information to prepare derivative works, or incorporate into other works, such Information, in any media now known or not currently known. Carpool Vote does not assert any ownership over your Information; rather, as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to us in this Agreement, you retain full ownership of all of your Information and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Information.
You are the sole authorized user to manage your signup. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any reference number provided by you or Carpool Vote for accessing the Carpool Vote Platform. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your signup, and Carpool Vote expressly disclaims any liability arising from the unauthorized use of your signup details. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your signup details or you suspect any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately.
With respect to your use of the Carpool Vote Platform and your participation in the Services, you agree that you will not:
- impersonate any person or entity;
- b stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass any person, or carry any weapons;
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services or the Carpool Vote Platform or the servers or networks connected to the Carpool Vote Platform;
- post Information or interact on the Carpool Vote Platform or Services in a manner which is false, inaccurate, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information), defamatory, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, or illegal;
- use the Carpool Vote Platform in any way that infringes any third party's rights, including but not limited to: intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- post, email or otherwise transmit any malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Carpool Vote Platform;
- create liability for us or cause us to become subject to regulation as a transportation carrier or provider of taxi service;
- transfer or sell your User reference and/or identification to any other party; or
- cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above.
We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to suspend or deactivate your signup if you do not comply with these prohibitions.
Driver Representations and Warranties
By providing Services as a Driver on the Carpool Vote Platform, you represent, warrant, and agree that:
- You possess a valid driver's license and are authorized and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle and have all appropriate licenses, approvals and authority to provide transportation to Riders in all jurisdictions in which you provide Services.
- You own, or have the legal right to operate, the vehicle you use when providing Services, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
- You will not transport more passengers than can securely be seated in your vehicle.
- You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) that names or schedules you for the operation of the vehicle you use to provide Services.
- You will be solely responsible for any and all liability that results from or is alleged as a result of your provision of Services, including, but not limited to personal injuries, death and property damages.
- In the event of a motor vehicle accident you will be solely responsible for compliance with any applicable statutory or department of motor vehicles requirements, for reporting the accident to Carpool Vote and your insurer in a timely manner, and for all necessary contacts with your insurance carrier.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations while providing Services, and you will be solely responsible for any violations of such provisions.
- You will not make any misrepresentation regarding Carpool Vote, the Carpool Vote Platform, the Services or your status as a Driver, or, while providing the Services, operate as a public carrier or taxi service, accept street hails, charge for rides, or engage in any other activity in a manner that is inconsistent with your obligations under this Agreement.
- You will not discriminate or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, or sexual orientation. You will make reasonable accommodation for service animals.
- You will not discuss, with other users or members of the public, politics, during any part of the ride, from getting into the vehicle at the start of journey, to leaving the vehicle after every part of the journey has been completed.
- You agree that we may obtain information about you, including your criminal and driving records, and you agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records during the term of the Agreement.
Proprietary Rights and Trademark License
All intellectual property rights in the Carpool Vote Platform shall be owned by us absolutely and in their entirety. These rights include and are not limited to database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights wherever existing in the world together with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in the Carpool Vote Platform are the property of their respective owners. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information ("Submissions") provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Carpool Vote. Carpool Vote shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
If you provide Services, Carpool Vote grants to you, during the term of this Agreement, and subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to display and use the Carpool Vote Marks solely in connection with providing the Services through the Carpool Vote Platform ("License"). The License is non-transferable and non-assignable, and you shall not grant to any third party any right, permission, license or sublicense with respect to any of the rights granted hereunder without Carpool Vote's prior written permission, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. The Carpool Vote Marks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
You acknowledge that Carpool Vote is the owner and licensor of the Carpool Vote Marks, and that your use of the Carpool Vote Marks will confer no additional interest in or ownership of the Carpool Vote Marks in you but rather inures to the benefit of Carpool Vote. You agree to use the Carpool Vote Marks strictly in accordance with Carpool Vote's Trademark Usage Guidelines, as may be provided to you and revised from time to time, and to immediately cease any use that Carpool Vote determines to nonconforming or otherwise unacceptable.
You agree that you will not:
- create any materials that incorporate the Carpool Vote Marks or any derivatives of the Carpool Vote Marks other than as expressly approved by Carpool Vote in writing;
- use the Carpool Vote Marks in any way that tends to impair their validity as proprietary trademarks, service marks, trade names or trade dress, or use the Carpool Vote Marks other than in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions herein;
- take any other action that would jeopardize or impair Carpool Vote's rights as owner of the Carpool Vote Marks or the legality and/or enforceability of the Carpool Vote Marks, including, without limitation, challenging or opposing Carpool Vote's ownership in the Carpool Vote Marks;
- apply for trademark registration or renewal of trademark registration of any of the Carpool Vote Marks, any derivative of the Carpool Vote Marks, any combination of the Carpool Vote Marks and any other name, or any trademark, service mark, trade name, symbol or word which is similar to the Carpool Vote Marks;
- use the Carpool Vote Marks on or in connection with any product, service or activity that is in violation of any law, statute, government regulation or standard.
Violation of any provision of this License may result in immediate termination of the License, in Carpool Vote's sole discretion. If you create any materials bearing the Carpool Vote Marks (in violation of this Agreement or otherwise), you agree that upon their creation Carpool Vote exclusively owns all right, title and interest in and to such materials, including without limitation any modifications to the Carpool Vote Marks or derivative works based on the Carpool Vote Marks. You further agree to assign any interest or right you may have in such materials to Carpool Vote, and to provide information and execute any documents as reasonably requested by Carpool Vote to enable Carpool Vote to formalize such assignment.
Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent
Carpool Vote respects the intellectual property of others, and expects Users to do the same. If you believe, in good faith, that any materials on the Services infringe upon your copyrights, please send the following information to Carpool Vote's Copyright Agent at copyright@CarpoolVote.com, including:
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including specific location on the Carpool Vote Platform where the material you claim is infringed is located. Include enough information to allow Carpool Vote to locate the material, and explain why you think an infringement has taken place;
- a description of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists – for example, the URL (Internet address) where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
The following disclaimers are made on behalf of Carpool Vote, our affiliates, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and suppliers.
The Carpool Vote Platform is provided on an "as is" basis and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We do not guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Carpool Vote Platform and/or the Services, including the ability to provide or receive Services at any given location or time.
We specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state.
We do not warrant that your use of the Carpool Vote Platform or Services will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, secure, uninterrupted, always available, or error-free, or will meet your requirements, that any defects in the Carpool Vote Platform will be corrected, or that the Carpool Vote Platform is free of viruses or other harmful components. We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, connectivity and availability of the Carpool Vote
Platform or Services.
We have no control over the quality or safety of the transportation that occurs as a result of the Services. We cannot ensure that a Driver or Rider will complete an arranged transportation service.
We cannot guarantee that each Rider is who he or she claims to be. Please use common sense when using the Carpool Vote Platform and Services. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense, and we do not accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Carpool Vote Platform by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. We encourage you to communicate directly with each potential Driver or Rider prior to engaging in an arranged transportation service.
Carpool Vote is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Carpool Vote Platform or Services. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We do not procure insurance for, nor are we responsible for, personal belongings left in the car by Drivers or Riders. By using the Carpool Vote Platform and participating in the Services, you agree to accept such risks and agree that Carpool Vote is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Users on the Carpool Vote Platform or participating in the Services.
It is possible for others to obtain information about you that you provide, publish or post to or through the Carpool Vote Platform (including any profile information you provide), send to other Users, or share during the Services, and to use such information to harass or harm you. We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you disclose to other Users on the Carpool Vote Platform or through the Services. Please carefully select the type of information that you release to others. We disclaim all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other Users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers").
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Carpool Vote Platform, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content disseminated by third parties.
The Carpool Vote Platform contains (or you may be sent through the Carpool Vote Platform) links to other web sites owned and operated by third parties ("Third Party Sites"), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties ("Third Party Content"). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites or Third Party Content accessed through the Carpool Vote Platform.
Location data provided by the Carpool Vote Platform is for basic location purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither Carpool Vote, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data displayed by the Carpool Vote Platform. Any of your Information, including locational data, you upload, provide, or post on the Carpool Vote Platform may be accessible to Carpool Vote and certain Users of the Carpool Vote Platform.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold us and our affiliates and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and suppliers harmless from any claims, actions, suits, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) relating to or arising out of your use of the Carpool Vote Platform and participation in the Services, including:
- your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference;
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, including, without limitation, Drivers, Riders, other motorists, and pedestrians, as a result of your own interaction with such third party;
- any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit through the Carpool Vote Platform or to us infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party;
- your ownership, use or operation of a motor vehicle or passenger vehicle, including your provision of Services as a Driver; and/or
- any other activities in connection with the Services. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OR EACH OF OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR DELETION, CORRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, FAILURE TO STORE ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY THE CARPOOL VOTE PLATFORM, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CARPOOL VOTE PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT, HOWEVER ARISING INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL DAMAGES, BODILY INJURY, DEATH AND/OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND DISCOMFORT) ARISING OUT OF YOUR COMMUNICATING WITH OR MEETING OTHER USERS OF THE CARPOOL VOTE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you agree to release Carpool Vote (including our affiliates and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, and suppliers) from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected to such disputes with other Users or to your use of the Carpool Vote Platform or participation in the Services. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
Term and Termination
This Agreement is effective upon your signing up as a Rider or a Driver. You may discontinue your use of the Carpool Vote Platform or participation in the Services at any time, for any reason. We may suspend or deactivate your signup (either as a Rider and/or Driver), or revoke your permission to access the Carpool Vote Platform, at any time, for any reason, upon notice to you. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Carpool Vote Platform to any User for any reason not prohibited by law.
Agreement to Arbitrate All Disputes and Legal Claims
You and We agree that any legal disputes or claims arising out of or related to the Agreement (including but not limited to the use of the Carpool Vote Platform and/or the Services, or the interpretation, enforceability, revocability, or validity of the Agreement, or the arbitration possibility of any dispute), that cannot be resolved informally shall be submitted to binding arbitration in the state in which the Agreement was performed. The arbitration shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules (a copy of which can be obtained here), or as otherwise mutually agreed by you and we. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Claims shall be brought within the time required by applicable law. You and we agree that any claim, action or proceeding arising out of or related to the Agreement must be brought in your individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, collective, or representative proceeding. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, collective, or class proceeding.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU AND CARPOOL VOTE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
You agree not to use any technical, financial, strategic and other proprietary and confidential information relating to Carpool Vote's business, operations and properties, including User information ("Confidential Information") disclosed to you by Carpool Vote for your own use or for any purpose other than as contemplated herein. You shall not disclose or permit disclosure of any Confidential Information to third parties. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure or use of Confidential Information of Carpool Vote in order to prevent it from falling into the public domain. Notwithstanding the above, you shall not have liability to Carpool Vote with regard to any Confidential Information which you can prove: was in the public domain at the time it was disclosed by Carpool Vote or has entered the public domain through no fault of yours; was known to you, without restriction, at the time of disclosure, as demonstrated by files in existence at the time of disclosure; is disclosed with the prior written approval of Carpool Vote; becomes known to you, without restriction, from a source other than Carpool Vote without breach of this Agreement by you and otherwise not in violation of Carpool Vote's rights; or is disclosed pursuant to the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body; provided, however, that You shall provide prompt notice of such court order or requirement to Carpool Vote to enable Carpool Vote to seek a protective order or otherwise prevent or restrict such disclosure.
You and Carpool Vote are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices to Carpool Vote shall be given by email to: notices@CarpoolVote.com.
Such notice shall be deemed given immediately upon sending. Any notices to you shall be provided to you through the Carpool Vote Platform or given to you via the email address you provide to Carpool Vote during the registration process, and such notice shall be deemed given immediately upon sending.
To resolve a complaint regarding the Carpool Vote Platform, you should first contact our Customer Service Department through our support center at together@Carpool Vote.com.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to choice of law principles. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this Agreement and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by Carpool Vote, in our sole discretion in accordance with the "Notices" section of this Agreement. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. A party's failure to act with respect to a breach by the other party does not constitute a waiver of the party's right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and Carpool Vote with respect to the subject matter hereof.
Data We Collect From You
In order to operate the Carpool Vote Platform and to provide You with information about products or services that may be of interest to You, We may collect "personal information" (i.e. information that could be used to contact You directly (without using the Carpool Vote Platform) such as full name, postal address, phone number, credit/debit card information, or email address) or "demographic information" (i.e. information that You submit, or that We collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to, zip code, hometown, gender, disability, username, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information). You represent and warrant that You have the authority to provide Us with any such contact information. Demographic information is divided into two categories:
- "non-public information", which consists of ride transaction information and one-on-one communications between You and other users of the Carpool Vote Platform; and
- "public information", which consists of all other demographic information.
Please note that nowhere on the Carpool Vote Platform do We knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18, as We require that all users represent to Us that they are at least 18 years old.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Your email address and Your other personal information to help Us efficiently operate the Carpool Vote Platform, to contact You in connection with Your signups and other activities on the Carpool Vote Platform (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, or important news that could affect Your relationship with Carpool Vote), to forward trip and contact information to You from other Users, to forward trip and contact information from You to other Users, and to contact You and others to suggest potential matches. These types of communications are known as "Operational Communications." In some cases, Operational Communications may also contain promotional messages, such as banner ads and special offers.
To operate the Carpool Vote Platform, including processing Your signups and supporting Your activities on the Carpool Vote Platform, We may share Your personal information with Our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide Us with support services such as email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, and order fulfillment. We require these entities not to use Your information for any other purpose.
By purchasing, or registering or making reservations for, products or services offered or sponsored by third parties on the Carpool Vote Platform, or electing to receive communications (such as emails or material by mail) or electing to participate in other programs, offered or sponsored by third parties on the Carpool Vote Platform, You consent to Our providing Your personal information to those third parties. Those third parties may use Your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will need to contact those third parties to instruct them directly regarding Your preferences for the use of Your personal information by them. Additionally, You agree that We may use and disclose all such information so submitted to such third parties in the same manner in which We are entitled to use and disclose any other information You submit to Us.
Any third party with whom We are allowed to share Your personal information is authorized to use Your personal information in accordance with Our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which We have no control, and You agree that We are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact You will need to be instructed directly by You regarding Your preferences for the use of Your personal information by them.
How We Use Demographic Data
Carpool Vote provides Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from Us and Our partners at the point where We request information about the visitor. Carpool Vote gives Users the option to remove their information from Our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive Our service.
Special Cases in Which We Share Personal Information
Our Security Precautions
Your Carpool Vote signup can be accessed by your unique reference number only, so only You and authorized Carpool Vote employees have access to Your account information.
Carpool Vote has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Our control. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction in which You reside, and the country or jurisdiction in which these computer networks are located may not have privacy laws as protective as the laws in Your country or jurisdiction.
Contacting Carpool Vote
If You have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of Carpool Vote, or Your dealings with Carpool Vote, You may contact Us at together@Carpool Vote.com.